Mission and Vision
The mission of the Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation is to serve as a private partner with the district to provide both public and private funds to the students and staff in the Las Cruces Public School District to support and enhance the educational experiences of students, promote innovation in the classroom, increase community involvement in education and pursue and recognize excellence in teaching and learning.
Write: Betsy Gerry, Executive Director
Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation
505 S. Main St., Ste 249
Las Cruces, NM 88001
P.O. Box 16214
Las Cruces, NM 88004
- LCPS has approx. 25,000 students, 66% are identified as economically disadvantaged
- The economy has severely impacted the funding available from the State to schools
- New Mexico* – Where do we stand?
- Even with New Mexico rating near the top of the list for the percent of the State budget that is allocated for education we still rank near the bottom for the per student funding that goes to schools
- Per pupil spending: $9,767 (16th smallest in the nation)
- High school graduation rate: 74.0% (6th lowest in the nation)
- Overall ranking in the nation of 48th
- Budget cuts are still being asked of the schools
- The district DOES NOT have the resources to go beyond the basics – that’s what the Foundation does!!