CLASSROOM SUPPLIES MINI-GRANT PROGRAM
APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED!
$100 each for Teachers!
The Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation is proud to support the outstanding LCPS educators in the quest for excellence in our classrooms. In collaboration with the Virginia Brilliant Endowment, the Mesilla Valley Transportation Endowment, the Foundation is able to offer an opportunity to award monthly mini-grants of $100 each to 10-20 teachers for classroom supplies!
The program details are:
- The mini-grant will not be reported as personal income for the recipient;
- The mini-grant must be used for classroom materials and supplies;
- The mini-grant program will define “teacher” for this purpose as “any licensed school employee who is not administrative staff”.
- A teacher may only receive one mini-grant per year.
- Teachers only need to apply ONLY one time each year and their application will stay in the pool of applicants for each month’s mini-grant drawing. Teachers will apply for the mini-grants through the on-line Survey Monkey portal listed below.
- From the pool of applicants there will be a drawing on the first working day of each month for that month’s mini-grant winners.
- Mini-grant winners will be notified by the tenth working day with a $100 voucher to a specific Vendor. If there is a specific item needed that is not carried by the Vendor, the Store Manager will work to order that item. If the Store Manager is unable to order that specific item, the Foundation will attempt to make the purchase for the teacher as long as it is classified as classroom supplies/materials.
- The awarded teacher agrees to write a Thank-you note to the donorlisted on their Award Voucher.
To access the website where you apply, you will find a link on the LCPS website (lcpsf.org) or you may also just type the following Survey Monkey URL in your browser: lcpsf.smapply.io
The timeline for the Teacher Grant process is as follows:
- Mini-Grant application opens: August 1.
- Mini-Grant application closes: April 30.
- Mini-Grants will be announced and awarded by the 10th working day of each month.
- All Mini-Grants funds awarded must be used by the expiration date on Voucher.
Please e-mail Betsy Geery, Executive Director of the LCPS Foundation at email@example.com if you have any questions!