is proud to support the outstanding LCPS educators in the quest for excellence in our classrooms. Through Teacher Innovative Classroom Grants, the Foundation is encouraging educators to devise innovative and exciting educational programs for their students that enhance the learning environment and inspire students to greater achievement and success.
Teachers, principals, school administrators, social workers, counselors, ancillary staff can apply for grants that benefit individual classrooms, or their entire school community. Grants fall under many categories such as Agriculture/Horticulture, the Arts, Literacy, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Student-centered technology and Educational Field Trips.
Again, this year, grant applications can be accessed online only – WITH A NEW LINK! You will need to register for an account and type in the requested information (you may start, save – them come back numerous times to complete the application). When the application is completed, MUST hit the “SUBMIT” button – that’s the complete process! You do not need to print it, deliver it and/or copy the application! If you submitted an application in the past 2 years, you will not need to create a new account.
To access the website where apply, you will find a link on the LCPS website (lcpsf.org) or you may also just type the following NEW LINK in your browser:
Again, this year there are 2 types of grant applications: Individual and Group. Educators may submit more than one application, but are only eligible to receive one award per school year either from an Individual or from a group grant – not both.
- Individual: The maximum award is up to but not to exceed $1000.00.
- Group: The maximum award is up to but not to exceed $5000.00. The applications must be submitted under one lead educator’s name with all other members of the group listed. Group grants may encompass 3 or more people.
The timeline for the Teacher Grant process is as follows:
- Grant application opens: Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- Grant application submission deadline: Monday, September 17, 2018
- Grants screened and scored by: October 12, 2018
- Grants tentatively planned to be presented at the October 16, 2018 LCPS Board of Education Meeting
- All Grant Funding awarded must be used by June 1, 2019.
We hope you consider submitting a grant this year!
Please e-mail Betsy Geery, Executive Director of the LCPS Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!