Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation
is proud to support the outstanding LCPS educators in the quest for excellence in our classrooms. In collaboration with the Virginia Brilliant Endowment, the Mesilla Valley Transportation Endowment, the Jimmy Mendoza Fund and the Parkhill, Smith and Cooper Grant, the Foundation is able to offer an opportunity to award monthly mini-grants of $100 each to 10-20 teachers for classroom supplies!
The program details are:
- The mini-grant will not be reported as personal income for the recipient;
- The mini-grant must be used for classroom materials and supplies;
- The mini-grant program will define “teacher” for this purpose as “any licensed school employee who is not administrative staff”.
- A teacher may only receive one mini-grant per year.
- Teachers only need to apply ONLY one time each year and their application will stay in the pool of applicants for each month’s mini-grant drawing. Teachers will apply for the mini-grants through the on-line Survey Monkey portal listed below.
- From the pool of applicants there will be a drawing on the first working day of each month for that month’s mini-grant winners.
- Mini-grant winners will be notified by the tenth working day with a $100 voucher to a specific Vendor. If there is a specific item needed that is not carried by the Vendor, the Store Manager will work to order that item. If the Store Manager is unable to order that specific item, the Foundation will attempt to make the purchase for the teacher as long as it is classified as classroom supplies/materials.
- The awarded teacher agrees to write a Thank-you note to the donorlisted on their Award Voucher. We Are Proud to support the outstanding LCPS educators in the quest for excellence in our classrooms. In collaboration with the Virginia Brilliant Endowment, the Mesilla Valley Transportation Endowment, the Jimmy Mendoza Fund and the Parkhill, Smith and Cooper Grant, the Foundation is able to offer an opportunity to award monthly mini-grants of $100 each to 10-20 teachers for classroom supplies!
To access the website where you apply, you will find a link on the LCPS website (lcpsf.org) or you may also just type the following Survey Monkey URL in your browser: lcpsf.smapply.io
The timeline for the Teacher Grant process is as follows:
- Mini-Grant application opens: August 1.
- Mini-Grant application closes: April 30.
- Mini-Grants will be announced and awarded by the 10th working day of each month.
- All Mini-Grants funds awarded must be used by the expiration date on Voucher.
Please e-mail Betsy Geery, Executive Director of the LCPS Foundation at email@example.com if you have any questions!
The British Motorcar Club of Southern New Mexico is ending its formal association after 27 years. They are liquidating their assets by donating to several very deserving local Las Cruces non-profit organizations in memory of their Founder, George Duckworth. Here is Ed Townley, Treasurer, presenting a check for $1,878.70 to the Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation Executive Director, Betsy Geery.
Wednesday, February 25
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
The Game II
4131 Northrise Dr.
All proceeds benefit Teacher Classroom Supplies Mini-grants Fund!
|Applicant first name||Applicant last name||School:|
|Carla||Ashley||Camino Real Middle School|
|Julie||Calkins||Tombaugh Elementary School|
|Joseph||Flores||Zia Middle School|
|Lesli||Gomez||Loma Heights Elementary|
|Christine||Hendrix||Dona Ana Elementary|
|Roxanna||Holguin||Mesilla Park Elementary|
|Linda||Knutson||Zia Middle School|
|Catarina M||Macias||Arrowhead Park Early College High School|
|Mikkiko||Martini-Villarreal||Mesa Middle School|
|Ashley||Matkin Weir||Rio Grande Preparatory Institute|
|Yolanda||Montez||Alameda Autism Satellite Program|
|Maria||Shin||Dona Ana Elementary|
|Lindsey||Sumulong||Camino Real Middle School|
Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation recently announced the creation of the Organ Mountain Outfitters Endowment Fund, which will be used to help provide school lunches for children in need. The announcement was made at a school board meeting in August, where Organ Mountain Outfitters owner Chris Lang presented a $10,000 check from the company.
Organ Mountain Outfitters, a clothing company founded in Las Cruces, donates $2 from every shirt and three percent of the company’s gross sales to provide lunches to students in Las Cruces Public Schools. After making several individual donations, Lang decided to work with the Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation to create the endowment, which will fund the program in perpetuity.
“Organ Mountain Outfitters is proud to create this endowment that will continue to provide Las Cruces children with school lunches forever,” Lang said. “We’re very thankful to our community for their overwhelming support, which has given us the opportunity to employ several LCPS and New Mexico State University students. Las Cruces has really embraced us in a way that will help create a lasting legacy well into the future.”
The program is geared toward students who qualify for reduced meal costs and to help parents who may be experiencing a hardship. To date, the company has contributed $35,000, which equates to 90,000 meals for the students of Las Cruces Public Schools. Future contributions will go directly into the endowment fund, the interest from which will be used to ensure the program can carry on forever.
“The creation of this endowment provides a long-term solution to a longstanding problem that all districts experience,” said Michael Morehead, president of the Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation. “Families often struggle to pay for their children’s meals at school. This is an important first step to helping families across the district, while seeing that the school district is adequately compensated for these meals.”
— Damien Willis, LCPS Director of Communications, 575-527-5811, firstname.lastname@example.org